Sunday, December 14, 2008

Labor of Love

I think my mother and brother are the only ones who can truly appreciate today's post. My sister-in-law, Katie, stopped by this weekend and on Saturday we all went to Milan to make Christmas goodies with my mom. This was also the unveiling ceremony of the upstairs of my parents' house. This room was my brother's bedroom when he was younger. I guess some time around middle or high school, when my Dad added on the living room and master bedroom, the upstairs became attic space. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of this room to show how it looked the last time I was up there. There were boxes stacked floor to ceiling and you couldn't see the carpet. There were holes in the ceiling where the friendly squirrels had been trying to drop in for a visit. The toy box was still full of old toys, covered in dust and long since forgotten....by some. There were thick red drapes blocking the sunlight and an old broken air conditioner hanging in the window. It was a little depressing. But look at it now! There is a picture of some of my first children. There were eight of them.....I'll have to find the family photo and post it soon. All the books and toys in the bookshelves belonged to my brother and me. I believe my Dad made the table and chairs before I was born...for my brother. They added a Futon as well. Jacob even got to put ornaments on the Christmas tree. He was originally going to help us make treats, but he was very much distracted by this wonderland of toys. But we eventually got him to help with some cookies. So......THANK YOU GRANDADDY!!!!!


















































































0 comments: