Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Parrot


Oh my! I guess Jacob wished to become a parrot when he blew out his birthday candles. I noticed a couple days ago that Jacob was repeating me....even things that he had never said before...like, "oh no" and "wait wait wait wait wait". This is something we are going to have to watch more closely. We do not use bad language, but sometimes we say things that he doesn't understand and/or he has no idea about the context in which you say them. Today, at lunch, Lee and I were in the floor with Jacob's new Mega Blocks. We were each building our own design....and then Lee took my blocks:( So I said to him playfully, "no, those are mine." Then Jacob said, "no, those ah my!" and took them from Lee. It was funny, but I can see how this could go badly for us in the future.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Now you have to start watching everything you say in front of him. Believe me it only takes once that you are at church and he repeats something that you said to Lee (not to be repeated), and you will learn!
They are indeed parrots! Oh, and if you think they aren't listening...WRONG...they are. to every word you say!