Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no doubt about it....it's a boy! The very second the ultrasound started it was already up front and center. Lee immediately said, "It's a boy!" Maybe he should be an ultrasound tech b/c I was still staring blankly at the black and white mess all over the screen. I was very surprised. It's not that I had my heart set on a girl....in fact, I haven't been shy in telling people that I would probably be better with another boy. But my gut told me it was a girl......so much for mother's intuition!!

I am extremely happy that Jacob will have a little brother, and one so close in age. He can teach him all about playing in the dirt and how to get things from Mommy by giving her kisses :)

For those of you who are not gifted in the art of deciphering ultrasound....this is a profile of baby. The round part on the left is his head and you can see his nose pointing up towards the middle. It's kind of like the Magic Eye books.....stare at it long enough and then the picture will jump out at you!

2 comments:

me said...

KATIE! I AM HAPPY FOR YOU! They will have so much fun together. All I can say is put all marker in the trash NOW before you forget... also, all knives need to be out of reach, like out of yours and Lee's. If you have to climb a ladder to get them, that is best. What other tips do I have...
Congrats. How fun! What is his name?

Stephanie said...

AWESOME! How exciting! When is the due date again???
I think deciphering the ultrasounds comes better when it's live, but also after having seen a few. There are still times where i would remember staring at the screen and thinking, "What in the world is THAT?"