Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Celestial Mercy

The gods have smiled upon me today. It's been about one week since we started Adam on reflux meds and I cut dairy out of my diet....and I am pleased. Today Adam napped.....and napped well. There was no waking up 10-15 minutes into his nap with a shrill cry of pain. There were no endless bouts of crying. There was only one sweet baby boy, who was all too happy to eat, play and sleep...eat, play and sleep...eat, play and sleep. I hope this continues. Jacob also made a giant leap tonight. He actually took a bite of something he had never tried before at dinner!! He didn't even spit it out!! It was a pineapple chunk. He only had one, but it more than made my night. He even picked some noodles out of his spaghetti and ate them! I have no idea how this child hasn't withered away to nothing.

Happy Thanksgiving, me!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so glad that you are finding solutions to Adam's tummy trouble! I had a feeling that dairy was the culprit. Yay Katie!

me said...

have you tried almond milk? of all the milk alternatives it is by far the best.

coconut milk is just nasty... soy seems a bit yucky but okay, i guess.

almond is my favorite.

nate suggested i try goats milk. i bet that still has lactose in it? and it is wildly expensive.

buy blue diamond almond milk. it is expensive but yummy.

maddox has eaten so much pineapple it burned his mouth. i think they are opposites.