Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fears

With #2 on the way I have fears that I feel are normal. Mostly fears for Jacob. How will he adjust? Will he like being a big brother? How will he feel about sharing his toys, parents and space? All of these fears were summoned to the forefront of my mind this afternoon.
We've been watching a nest of baby birds for the past week or so. It looked like there were 3 baby birds in the nest. I always got warm fuzzy feelings when I saw the mother bird feeding her precious babies. After all, here were 3 siblings who seemed to be fine with sharing everything. Then, when Jacob and I went outside to play today there was one precious baby bird splattered on the concrete. At first I thought, "That poor bird must have fallen....how unfortunate." Then my thoughts turned to the mother bird. "That poor mother." But then I saw not two baby bird heads poking out of the nest but 3!!! There just wasn't room for 4!

But who pushed it out?

1 comments:

me said...

Oh, Katie. Pregnancy hormones can be rough.

I think Jacob will take on the role of older brother... That is the older, WISER, SMARTER, more EXPERIENCED brother. He will love having someone to play with- as long as they understand that he is in charge. I am speaking from experience here.