Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Joys of Living on Base

"We're under threat charlie. I'm gonna need you to pull under that tent over there."

This was our greeting at the gate this evening as we returned home from church. In the tent we had to turn off the van, pop the hood and trunk and exit the vehicle. Jacob got to stay in his seat, though. Then there were two soldiers that searched the vehicle while we were watched over by a very serious guy holding a shot gun. I wonder if Jacob will have nightmares about this? Lee told me that they are doing a simulation, so it wasn't real. I couldn't help but giggle when the guy told us to pull over to be searched.....since I knew it wasn't real. I guess they pulled us over because we were in a van. The other cars went right through. Or maybe Jacob looked suspicious. We were practicing winking today and it did look kind of scary.

In other news, Jacob added a new word today...."NO". He keeps repeating it over and over and over and over..as if he is afraid he is going to forget it!!!

0 comments: