Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving, though busy, was a very fun day for Jacob. We woke up, ate breakfast and got dressed, and then hopped in the van and headed for Milan. An hour and a half later we were at GGDaddy's (Great Grandaddy--Lee's Grandad). It was here that Jacob had his first experience putting a Christmas tree up! He was quite helpful (see video below). Around 4ish, and still without a nap, we headed for Great Grandmother and Grandaddy Fisher's house. It took him a little while to warm up, but once he did he had a ball! He loved coloring with his 5 year old 2nd cousin, Finn. His hands looked like a rainbow (pictures below)! He also had fun playing with Papa and Bella (the dog). The ride home was memorable. Jacob was so tired that all he could do was cry. Cry, Cry, Cry. The next day, possible high from the holiday spirit, or just wanting to escape the cranky, sleep-deprived toddler, I decided to go out and do some Christmas shopping. NEVER AGAIN! Toys R Us was especially horrible. I can't believe that people can trample through stores like packs of wolves. We are truly animals. When I returned home later in the evening we began putting our own Christmas tree up. I failed to get any pictures or video of this special event because I was so wiped out from my Black Friday experience:( Oh well. Maybe next year.




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How cute! Oh, Katie, you experienced Black Friday all wrong. You have to go with someone who can show you the ropes! Like ME! I had a blast and the only crazy place I went to was Walmart, but I got everything I went out to get! I avoid Toys-R-Us at all costs. We went there first last year and ended up taking half the stuff back because we found a better deal at a different store. But one thing you got very right about Black Friday and that is it's exhausting!

me said...

I can't believe how old and big he is Katie! What a cute kid. I can't wait to see him... we are still seeing you aren't we?